Purchasing and Inventory Coordinator Job Description
CompuData is seeking an energetic, self-motivated Purchasing and Inventory Coordinator to join our growing team. This person is a key role in our accounting department to help with efficient operations of our organization. This role will require the person to be onsite at our new corporate headquarters located in Center City, Philadelphia. Relocation assistance is not available.
- Confer with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Source goods or services as requested and select products for purchase.
- Order supplies, inventory, and equipment.
- Track status of orders and review deliveries against orders.
- Handle returns, non-supplied, under orders, over orders and damaged goods.
- Ensure invoices for goods received are recorded and sent to accounts payable for payment.
- Document and track purchases from initiation to delivery and manage inventory.
- Shipping/receiving: coordinate incoming and outgoing shipments; routinely handling packages weighing up to 25lbs and occasionally items weighing 50-100lbs. with hand truck/pallet jack.
- Maintain records of goods ordered and received in ERP.
- Process purchase orders in ERP.
- Track/reconcile/ensure appropriate vendor rebates and commissions are received and posted accurately.
- Maintain/Add part # information, updating pricing and any additional product line instructions that need to be provided to sales with support of accounting.
- Assist with software audits quarterly, and as requested by internal departments or vendors.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Identify areas for improvement and implement improvements to processes.
Skills and Preferred Requirements:
- ERP software experience, Sage Intacct preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- 3-5 years of accounting/finance experience specific to the purchasing function.
- Demonstrate intermediate to advanced skills and knowledge of Excel, as well as other Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate effectively across the organization.
- Thorough knowledge of general ledger accounting and account reconciliation.
About CompuData, Inc.
CompuData is a leading Woman Owned IT Company with a wide variety of technology and software solutions. With over 50 years as a technology innovator, our expertise spans a wide range of services from Accounting/ERP software solutions, private and Public Cloud offerings, Managed IT Services, and Security solutions to help grow, protect, and streamline your business operations. Our team takes a holistic approach to meet customers’ needs and create technology solutions that will position them for success in the marketplace.
Located in Philadelphia, CompuData offers a stimulating and diverse work environment that enables growth with competitive salary/compensation plans and great benefits, including medical/dental/vision/prescription plan, life/STD/LTD, 401k plan.
If you are looking to grow your accounting career, click the button below to email your cover letter and resume to be considered for this position.