Many organizations are beginning to outgrow their current accounting software and are considering switching to cloud accounting software. According to a 2021 research study, 67 percent of accountants prefer cloud accounting over locally installed software options and cloud software (Source: Sage). Although many businesses are contemplating making the switch, it can be a nerve-wracking experience deciding on a cloud accounting provider, as well as changing the accounting software your organization is used to. It is often a common misconception that switching to cloud accounting software will be daunting and time-consuming for staff to learn and difficult to use. The most important steps to make switching to cloud accounting easy are:
- Finding cloud accounting software that is simple for your entire accounting team to learn and use.
- Choosing a software partner with extensive understanding of cloud accounting software as well as implementation experience.
Picking the Right Cloud Accounting Software for Your Organization:
When switching to a cloud accounting software, it is important to choose one that is user friendly, flexible and secure. Sage Intacct Cloud accounting software is an optimal choice for midsize businesses looking to move to a SaaS system. Top 5 Key Benefits include
- User Friendly Interface- Easy to use and simple user interface for stronger efficiency and personalization was designed to drive productivity and growth throughout your organization. Users can expect simple accessibility to features and modules including seamless communication and drill-down within the platform.
- Secure Anywhere Access- The SaaS environment and multi-tenant cloud is SOC II compliant for secure, remote access, allowing users anywhere, anytime access via browser and Internet with no need for IT infrastructure. This allows employees to be productive from any location, whether they are entering data, accessing information, or approving transactions.
- Extensive Integration Capabilities- Open API infrastructure allows for seamless integration with a multitude of different applications. It is a best-in-class solutions that has many certified third-party applications that “plug and play” with the core financials to build a customized solution to meet individual company’s needs.
- Flexible Reporting-Equipped with a built-in multidimensional architecture, this cloud-based finance delivers accurate and timely reports with relevant insights into data. Customize any report and easily share with other employees with one simple click.
- Accounting Automation- Easily automate repetitive and tedious accounting tasks. Comprehensive automation simplifies core accounting processes such as accounts receivables and payables to improve productivity.
Choosing the Right Cloud Accounting Software Partner for Your Organization:
It is just as important to choose the right provider as it is to choose the right cloud accounting software. Choosing a provider with proper cloud accounting experience can make implementation painless. Your provider should have implementation experience to configure your new cloud accounting software to meet your organization’s requirements, migrate your financial data to the new system and create appropriate roles for your users and processes. They should also have experience within the software to train the employees in your organization on the program, best practices, time-saving features and integrations to make switching to cloud accounting easy.
CompuData is a leading Sage Partner for over 30 years and has Accounting and ERP Software certified consultants and developers that have the expertise, resources, and methodology needed to implement your cloud accounting software system. Your team is a part of the discussion throughout the entire implementation process allowing for a seamless cloud accounting transition. To learn more about our Sage Intacct expertise and how we can help your organization increase business performance, visit here.
If you are interested in learning how switching to a cloud accounting software can help your organization grow, email us!