20 Business Technologies to Implement in 2020: Along with each new year comes more advanced business technologies to implement that promote growth by allowing businesses to operate more effectively. When looking to leverage technology solutions, it’s important to evaluate what tools and applications best align with your growth objectives and other business goals.
Whether you are looking for a more efficient way to operate, create automated workflows, or deliver real-time reporting; business technologies are implemented to solve key problems and help streamline your business. With proper planning, implementation and training, your business can take advantage of all the benefits of using advanced technology.
This blog will highlight 20 business technologies to implement in 2020 from categories including Cloud Computing, Financial and Operations Management, IT Security and Managed IT. Your business may already leverage some of these technologies or may not be a stage where they are needed, but overall, these technologies can have an impact on business growth at various stages.
Cloud Business Technologies to Implement
1. Cloud Application Hosting: Host your most valuable assets in the cloud to increase availability, flexibility, scalability and accessibility. With hosted applications, reduce your costs by eliminating expensive upgrades and only pay for the storage you need.
2. Cloud File Repository: Don’t let your PC limit your capabilities and flexibility. With a cloud file repository you can quickly scale the capacity and performance of your business while taking advantage of remote access and file sharing.
3. Hosted Emails: Migrating to a hosted email solution allows your business to have complete mobility and scalability, seamless application integration, and reliable access at all times.
4. Hosted VoIP Phone Systems: Offering a reliable, high-quality phone service anywhere you have internet access, hosted phone systems provide businesses with advanced functionality. Unify your mobile workforce and eliminate the hidden costs of traditional systems with an all-inclusive service plan.
5. Cloud-Based Management Tools: Leverage cloud management tools to streamline complex tasks, easily manage compliance and security configurations, and monitor performance without the expensive overhead costs of an on-premise appliance.
“Top 5 Cloud Technologies to Implement in 2020”
Financial & Operation Management Business Technologies to Implement
6. Advanced Financial Management Software: As your organization grows, take advantage of powerful automations, real-time insight, and enhanced flexibility. With financial management software your business can overcome complex challenges and deliver accurate financial information at a moment’s notice.
7. Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Software: Take a centralized approach to managing your businesses by leveraging ERP software to break down silos, streamline workflows, and integrate all processes across business functions.
8. Document Management & Workflow Automation: Stay organized and gain better control over sensitive documents with document management. Additionally, eliminate the hassle of manual work and reduce errors in existing processes with automated workflows.
9. Application Integrations: Looking to extend the functionality of your financial and operational software? By implementing integrations that align with your specific needs, your organization can increase efficiency and operate more seamlessly.
10. Business Intelligence Tools: Your organization can benefit from robust analytical capabilities to generate deep insights as well as establish benchmarks to track productivity, revenue, and other success metrics.
IT Security Business Technologies to Implement
11. Vulnerability Scanning: Assess and identify potential threats and weaknesses within your network, devices, and applications with vulnerability scanning. This tool will allow you to detect gaps in security so you can prepare, manage and protect your network against future threats.
12. Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) & Security Operations Center (SOC) Monitoring: Safeguard your businesses with SIEM and SOC to provide security incident detection and streamlined compliance reporting to provide added layers of security for your business.
13. Dark Web Monitoring: Dark Web Monitoring technology continuously monitors the depths of the web to identify if any information associated with your organization is being shared. If so, you’ll get instant alerts to help protect your organization’s IP and networks from breaches and theft as a result of credential exposure.
14. Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA): Address the vulnerabilities associated with the standard password-only approach. MFA will tighten your security by adding an additional layer of protection to reduce the risk of an intruder gaining access to your critical data.
15. Advanced Endpoint Protection (AEP): With AEP, your organization can identify a potential threat as early as possible and use actionable containment and remediation strategies to quickly restore any compromised systems and minimize data loss.
Managed IT Business Technologies to Implement
16. Network & System Performance Monitoring: Network downtime can cost a lot of money but with efficient proactive monitoring, your organization can prevent network downtime or failures, protect and manage network disruptions from IT outages, and consolidate data with ease.
17. Network Wiring: If you are experiencing a noticeable drop-off in network reliability and slower speeds, upgrading outdated cabling can provide your organization with faster and more reliable connectivity.
18. Enterprise Business Continuity: From backup & recovery to testing to employee training, make sure your enterprise is capable of adapting to changes in the environment.
19. SD WAN: If you’re looking to overcome the challenges associated with user application experience, SD WAN can help you reduce costs, optimize user experience and simplify operations with automation.
20. IT Audit & Gap Assessments: As your business progresses it is important to have an unbiased view of your technology, processes, people and governance. With an IT Audit & Gap Assessment, you can easily identify what your organization needs to improve in order to operate more effectively.
#1 Emerging Technology of 2020
The Top 20 Business Technologies to Implement in 2020 would not be complete without mentioning Artificial Intelligence (AI). AI has powered innovation in the last few years and is predicted to continue to disrupt traditional industries, drive real-time customer interactions, power more advanced cybersecurity systems, and impact the world in ways that are still unknown.
Technology is created to make process easier; help solve problems and give your business a competitive edge. When choosing the right technology solution for your business, focus on your core competencies and the business objectives you want to accomplish. Whether you are looking to improve productivity, increase profitability or work more efficiently; the 20 Business Technologies to Implement in 2020 that we have outlined will help you reach your goals.
With the right technology in place, your business can Work Smarter… Together.