Recently, many businesses have adopted a cloud accounting financial software, with 67 % of accountants saying that cloud technology has improved client interactions and service offerings (Source: Sage). When deciding on the right financial software for your organization, there are many factors to consider. Sage 100 and Sage Intacct are both mid-market accounting software, and although they do similar things, there are differences to consider when deciding to upgrade your financial software. Below illustrates the differences and similarities of Sage 100 vs Sage Intacct and why organizations are switching from Sage 100 and migrating to Sage Intacct.
Sage 100 vs Sage Intacct
Sage 100 and Sage Intacct are both ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) and accounting- focused platforms. Both are designed for small and midsize organizations, but they aim to serve organizations with distinct needs.
Sage Intacct is primarily focused as an accounting platform for organizations that are growing and require ERP features that will scale up with them. Sage 100 is more of a middle point between ERP and accounting, and it emphasizes its support for process management across accounting, manufacturing, and distribution.
Why Organizations Are Migrating to Sage Intacct
Both Sage 100 and Sage Intacct are excellent financial software, however many organizations are switching from Sage 100 and migrating to Sage Intacct. Sage 100 works well for basic accounting needs but does not offer mobility or the ability to access your accounting system from any device. Sage 100 also has older database technology, which can make integrations difficult as it requires custom programming. Customizations and updates also become expensive and time consuming, which can lead to business disruptions and lengthy software and hardware upgrades. Moving to a SaaS (Software as a Service) platform, such as Sage Intacct, will eliminate these issues while including a large array of benefits such as:
- Real-Time Financial Metrics- An enhanced dashboard functionality that includes real-time reporting with built-in role-based dashboards depending on your title and which information you need to access.
- Advanced Reporting Capabilities– Delivering accurate and timely reports with relevant insights into data. Customize any report and easily share with anyone in your organization with one click.
- Automatic Quarterly Upgrades- Eliminate cumbersome manual updates which can cause business disruption and increased costs. Automatic quarterly upgrades ensure that your organization is always running on the most up-to-date version, eliminating cyber risks and potential threats.
- Cloud Based Data Access- The SaaS environment and multi-tenant cloud allows users anywhere, anytime access via browser and Internet with no need for IT infrastructure. This allows employees to be productive from any location, while remaining secure and keeping business data protected.
“Sage Intacct has given us the ability to better streamline our day-to-day accounting tasks. We can duplicate transactions and use prepaid expense amortization to reduce data entry. Reporting is easier in Intacct than in Sage 100, and we can see information in real-time. “
– Financial Reporting & Analysis Accountant at Financial Services Firm
CompuData is a leading Sage Partner for over 30 years and has Accounting and ERP Software certified consultants and developers that have the expertise, resources, and methodology needed to implement your cloud accounting software system. Your team is a part of the discussion throughout the entire implementation process allowing for a seamless cloud accounting transition. To learn more about our Sage Intacct expertise and how we can help your organization increase business performance, visit here.